As social distancing leaves many of our neighbors feeling cut off from their community, the Community Foundation of Broward’s work to inform, empower and connect is needed more than ever.
So, in the midst of the pandemic, we have boosted our communications – using the Community Foundation website, e-newsletter, Community Matters magazine and more to increase the outreach to our philanthropy family.
And we are proud to share that our stepped-up efforts – to explore big challenges and show the BOLD impact of local philanthropy – have received top honors from the Association of Marketing and Communication Professionals.
This year we won 18 MarCom Awards – our best showing yet in this international competition that recognizes outstanding achievement by marketing and communication professionals.
We received four Platinum Awards, the highest honor; seven Gold Awards; and seven Honorable Mentions (the third-place award).
“We are committed to helping our Fundholders, Legacy Society members and other Foundation stakeholders stay informed and connected, during this crisis and whatever lies ahead,” said Kirk Englehardt, Vice President of Marketing and Communications. “We are grateful to our peers for this ringing endorsement of our marketing and communication strategies.”
Our award-winning entries include:
- 2019 - 2020 Community Foundation of Broward Marketing and Communications Department total program: Strategic Communications/Public Relations
- Impact In Action e-newsletter
- Annual Report - Design
- Annual Report - Writing
- cfbroward.org website – Digital Media/Nonprofit
- Community Matters magazine – Print Media/Magazine
- Community Matters magazine – Print Media/Writing
- Community Matters magazine Feature Story: Homeless No More – Print Media Writing
- Parkland Shooting Survival Stories video – Nonprofit Video Production
- 2020 Legacy Society Luncheon invitation – Design
- Will and Trusts Surge, article in Las Olas Blvd Magazine – Media/Magazine Placement
- cfbroward.org website – Website Writing/Content
- Community Matters magazine, Bold Response To Coronavirus feature article – Feature Article/Writing
- Community Matters magazine – Design
- 2019 Community Builder Celebration invitation – Print Design
- Estate Planning Surge direct mail card – Print Media Postcard
- New President/CEO news release – News Release Writing
- Philanthropy Torch Pass, Pompano Magazine article – Strategic Communication Media Placement/Magazine
About the Marcom Awards:
The MarCom Awards receive about 5,000 entries from throughout the United States, Canada, and dozens of other countries. They are submitted by corporate marketing and communication departments, advertising agencies, public relations firms, production companies and more. In the past, about 15 percent of entries won Platinum, the top award and around 20 percent Gold. Approximately 10 percent were Honorable Mention winners.
To learn more about how we promote the power of local philanthropy, contact Kirk Englehardt, vice president of marking and communications, at 954-761-9503 or email@example.com.