After 23 years of bold leadership for the place we call home, Community Foundation of Broward President/CEO Linda B. Carter plans to retire at the end of 2020.
Linda has shaped the Community Foundation into a local philanthropy champion that provides leadership and builds permanent resources to tackle Broward’s biggest challenges – today and for generations to come.
Linda said her confidence in the Foundation’s strength and stability makes this the right time to step away to spend more time with family and tackle a “bucket list” of adventures.
“The Community Foundation of Broward has proven that the power of philanthropy can deliver solutions to Broward’s biggest challenges,” she said. “I have loved being a part of this important work to connect people who care to causes that matter. I can’t wait to see the bold impact to come from the amazing team at the Community Foundation and the Fundholders who all care so much about this community.”
Linda announced her retirement a year in advance to ensure a smooth transition as we identify our next leader. A newly created CEO Search Committee to lead that effort includes Foundation Board members Steven W. Hudson, James Donnelly, David Armstrong, Doria Camaraza and Alice Jackson.
“We are so thankful for Linda’s leadership, which has helped the Foundation grow and become stronger than ever,” Foundation Board Chairman Steven W. Hudson said. “Now we look forward to finding a leader who can build on Linda’s 23-year legacy and keep the Foundation’s bold momentum going.”
The Foundation’s next leader will take the helm of a highly respected force for good that provides community leadership, fosters bold philanthropy and builds permanent resources to tackle the issues that matter most to Broward.
- The Foundation ranks among the top 100 community foundations nationwide.
- We maintain a strong reputation for operational excellence, accountability and transparency, proven through achieving our accreditation by meeting the National Standards for U.S. Community Foundations.
- The Foundation includes a seasoned team of highly skilled and accomplished professionals as well as an engaged and thoughtful Board of Directors.
- The Foundation’s assets – the philanthropic muscle used to create community impact – are at an all-time high, topping $212 million.
- Our annual grantmaking has reached $12 million annually to support innovative solutions that make Broward better.
President/CEO search updates will be shared here. Please bookmark this webpage, www.cfbroward.org, and check back for the latest information.