Welcome to the Broward Center for Nonprofit Excellence!
The Community Foundation of Broward’s new Broward Center for Nonprofit Excellence will nurture and strengthen the charitable organizations that do so much for our community.
Launching in Fall 2022, the Nonprofit Center will be a go-to resource for training, grants and ongoing support for operations, capacity building and other opportunities to bolster nonprofits’ important role in our community.
Nearly 9,000 registered nonprofits in Broward County account for more than 49,000 jobs and $6.2 billion in revenue. Despite the importance of nonprofits to our economy, the sector faces significant challenges.
The purpose of the Community Foundation’s Nonprofit Center is to nurture and strengthen the people and organizations doing critical work for causes that matter in our community, by providing access to resources, grants and ongoing support.
The Nonprofit Center will:
- Build and maintain a strong, accessible online resource hub
- Facilitate needs assessments to drive programming focus
- Offer training, resources, mentoring and continuing education opportunities
- Provide capacity building/core mission work, support, services and funding
The Nonprofit Center strives to be a dynamic, accessible resource for information, tools and support to advance leadership and make a lasting impact on critical issues.
Cathy Brown is the new director of the Community Foundation’s Nonprofit Center.
Cathy is already at hard at work, putting her stamp on this pioneering project to lift Broward’s nonprofit community to new heights. She is the former Associate Director of Education for Indiana University’s Lily Family School of Philanthropy, where she led training programs for nonprofit organizations across the country. Cathy also brings 15 years of experience running small nonprofits and quasi-government agencies.
Cathy can be reached at email@example.com and 954-761-9503, ext. 119.
Partners in philanthropy
Nonprofit partners and community stakeholders have always looked to the Community Foundation of Broward to provide resources and leadership to improve how we, together, serve community needs.
For two decades, the Community Foundation’s former Leadership Institute at the Community Foundation delivered a wide variety of practical, effective and engaging programs on topics such as board development and executive leadership.
Last year, the Community Foundation’s eight-month strategic planning process identified bolstering our nonprofit support as a top focus area. As a result, the Broward Center for Nonprofit Excellence was born.
Shaping a brighter future
The Nonprofit Center is committed to helping Broward’s nonprofits become stronger and more resilient organizations, with leaders equipped to tackle critical issues. We will launch programs that meet the current and forecasted needs of nonprofit leaders. We will:
- Foster stronger leadership skills with nonprofit board members, staff and volunteers.
- Help develop financial sustainability for organizations.
- Provide the time and space for nonprofit teams to learn, strategize, innovate, and grow together.
- Enable expert facilitation to guide the process, foster innovative and creative solutions and provide a framework for action.
- Facilitate and support competence and comfort with Diversity, Equity and Inclusion and how to integrate it into their organizations and services.
Updates about the launch of the Broward Center for Nonprofit Excellence will be posted on this webpage. For more information, please contact Director Cathy Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org and 954-761-9503, ext. 119.
To contact the Community Foundation of Broward, email email@example.com or call 954-761-9503.