Partnering with the Community Foundation of Broward for your year-end giving is a great way to make the most out of your tax benefits and create a BOLD impact for the community you love. Here are a few options to consider.
Give with your IRA distribution
- Making a Qualified Charitable Distribution (QCD) from your IRA to a charitable Fund at the Community Foundation provides critical support to tackle issues that matter most to you.
- A QCD is an above-the-line tax deduction and it can satisfy your Required Minimum Distribution (RMD).
- A QCD isn’t permitted to a private foundation or a Donor-Advised Fund. The Community Foundation offers several types of charitable Funds that can be supported by a QCD, such as Unrestricted Endowed Funds, Field of Interest Funds, Designated Funds and Scholarship Funds.
Donate Appreciated Stock
- Donating appreciated stock multiplies your giving power by: 1) removing your tax liability from the stock sale and 2) realizing tax benefits from the donation.
- Donating appreciated stock is a great way to create or add to a Donor-Advised Fund or other types of charitable Funds at the Community Foundation. Your Fund becomes a long-term source of support for issues that matter most to you.
- To get your tax benefits for 2021 the transfer of donated stock must occur before Dec. 31. We recommend you request your transfer of donated stock by Dec. 22.
Gift Bundling Through a Donor-Advised Fund
- You can “bundle” several years’ worth of support for your favorite causes or organizations through a single, year-end gift to a Donor-Advised Fund at the Community Foundation.
- Gift bundling enables you to lock in support to achieve your long-term charitable goals, while you get the full tax benefit this year.
- With the Community Foundation as your partner, we help grow your Donor-Advised Fund through careful investment and we provide guidance on innovative grantmaking opportunities for you to make a BOLD impact.
Create a Charitable Gift Annuity
- The holidays are an ideal time to include a Charitable Gift Annuity in your estate plan.
- With a Charitable Gift Annuity, you create a dedicated source of income for yourself or someone you love – and you establish future support for your community with a charitable Fund at the Community Foundation.
Don’t miss out! Contact Our Team By Dec. 15 to Discuss Year-end Giving:
- Mark Kotler: firstname.lastname@example.org and 954-761-9503 ext. 130
- Jennifer Powers: email@example.com and 954-761-9503 ext. 113
- Nancy Thies: firstname.lastname@example.org and 954-761-9503 ext. 106