Looking for away to celebrate Broward’s long history of game-changing female leaders?
Stop by the Galleria Mall and check out the Women Trailblazers exhibit, which features 40 engaging images and stories about the women who dared to lead and create a better Broward for us all.
As you walk through the gallery, you’ll be captivated by stories of leadership, perseverance and vision.
The exhibit is located near Swarovski and open during regular mall hours. It will be on display through April 3rd.
You’ll learn about:
- Edee Greene, Award-winning journalist and one of the founders of Kids in Distress, who also has a Fund at the Foundation in her honor that supports Women in Distress
- Ivy Cromartie Stranahan, Prominent suffragette, first school teacher in Broward, and philanthropist
- Easter Lily Gates, Broward’s first woman present of the State Supervisors of Elections
- Betty May Tiger Jumper, Author and founder/publisher of the Seminole Tribune
- Eula Johnson, Civil rights activist who worked to end Jim Crow segregation in public beaches, schools and restaurants in Fort Lauderdale.
- Rhoda Mae Kerr, Fort Lauderdale’s first female Fire Chief.
- Dr. Kathleen C. Wright, The first African American to serve on the Broward County School Board, and the first to serve on any school board in Florida
- ….and more
Six new Women Trailblazers were honored earlier this month and added to the exhibit alongside their predecessors:
- Jennifer O’Flannery Anderson, Ph.D. President and CEO, Community Foundation of Broward
- Kareen Boutros, Executive Director of Broward Workshop
- Lori Chevy, Market President of Bank of America
- Heather Havericak, CEO of Broward Health Medical Center and Salah Foundation Children’s Hospital
- Burnadette Norris-Weeks, Esq., Austin Pamies Norris Weeks Powell, PLLC and Founder of the Women of Color Empowerment Institute
- Stacy Ritter, President and CEO of the Greater Fort Lauderdale Convention and Visitors Bureau.
Women Trailblazers was made possible through a partnership of History Fort Lauderdale and The Galleria at Fort Lauderdale.
To learn more about the benefits of joining our Professional Advisors Council, contact Senior Director of Philanthropic Services Mark Kotler at firstname.lastname@example.org or 954-761-9503.