The Community Foundation of Broward is pleased to announce six additions to our Board of Directors as well as the new Board officers who will lead our talented team in 2022.
The new members who joined our Board in January include:
- Burnadette Norris-Weeks – Partner in the law firm of Austin Pamies Norris Weeks Powell, PLLC; serves as counsel to various local governments in Broward, Miami-Dade and Palm Beach; founder of the Women of Color Empowerment Institute, Inc.
- Jonathan K. Allen – Director of Broward County’s Water and Wastewater Services Business Operations Division; decades of senior level management experience for city and county governments in Florida and Kansas; former member of the National Forum for Black Public Administrators (NFBPA) National Board of Directors.
- Brett A. Rose – President/CEO of United National Consumer Suppliers (UNCS), a leading wholesale distributor; former Board Chair for Make-A-Wish Foundation of Southern Florida; served on the Boards of Joe DiMaggio Children’s Hospital and Memorial Hospital Foundation.
The new members who joined our Board in April include:
- Eric J. Vainder – Northern Trust’s Senior Market Executive for Broward County; previously Senior Managing Director of a Private Client Advisory Team based in Miami; Chairman of the Board of Easterseals of South Florida; Board Member of the Overtown Youth Center.
- Sigrid S. McCawley – Managing Partner of Boies Schiller Flexner; a leader in the legal fight on behalf of victims in high-profile sex trafficking cases; named Litigator of the Year by The American Lawyer; serves on ChildNet’s Board of Directors as well as the Jack & Jill Center’s Board of Directors.
- Greg Medalie – Partner at Medalie & Medalie P.A. specializing in trusts & estates, business transactions and real estate; Chair of Community Foundation’s Professional Advisors Council; former Chair of the 450-member Wills, Trusts, and Estates Section of the Broward County Bar Association.
“These dynamic individuals are hands-on leaders who bring talents and experiences that will help the Community Foundation better serve Broward,” said Community Foundation President/CEO Jennifer O’Flannery Anderson, Ph.D. “Our organization is so grateful to all of our dedicated Board members who volunteer their time to make this community the best it can be.”
The new members join a Board that includes innovative executives and dedicated community leaders who guide our grantmaking initiatives and leadership endeavors that shape a brighter future for Broward.
Leading the way for this impressive team are our 2022 Board officers:
- Kurt Zimmerman, Chair
- Juliet Murphy Roulhac, Vice Chair
- Peggy Hogan Marker, Secretary
- Doria Camaraza, Treasurer
- Mona Pittenger, At-large
- David Horvitz, At-large
Board members continuing to serve in 2022 include: former Chair James Donnelly, Alice Lucia Jackson, Jane F. Bolin, Alberto Fernandez, Marcell Haywood, Susanne Cornfeld Hurowitz, Paige Hyatt, Dara Levan, Dev Motwani and David Scully.
“I’m proud to be a part of this dedicated team of local leaders who recognize the power of philanthropy to tackle Broward’s big challenges,” new Board Chair Kurt Zimmerman said. “This is a critical time for our community, and by working together I know there’s no limit to what we can achieve.”
To contact the Community Foundation of Broward, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 954-761-9503.