Five dynamic new leaders are joining the Community Foundation of Broward’s talented Board of Directors in 2021.
They add to the impressive team of distinguished executives and community leaders who guide the Community Foundation’s grantmaking and help build our endowment, all to shape a brighter future for Broward.
The new Board members include:
- Jane F. Bolin – Oakland Park Mayor; attorney specializing in association and real property litigation; author of Mastering The Business of Your Association; productivity coach for the Townsend Consulting Group.
- Alberto Fernandez – President of ANF Group Inc.; Board Member for Joe DiMaggio Children’s Hospital Foundation; former Board Member for the South Florida Chapter of the Association of Builders.
- Nancy A. Meyer – President of the Miami Herald and el Nuevo Herald; former Publisher and General Manager of the Sun Sentinel Media Group and the Orlando Sentinel; Board Member for The Alliance of Greater Fort Lauderdale.
- Mona Pittenger – Retired real estate company owner; LGBT activist; philanthropist; founding Board Member of Our Fund, an LGBT foundation in Fort Lauderdale; co-founder of Tulsa Girls Art School.
- David Scully – An attorney; member of the Community Foundation’s Professional Advisor Council; serves on Steering Committee of the Annual Joint Tax and Estate Planning Seminar; Board of Trustees at Saint Mark’s Episcopal School.
“I’m so excited to welcome these new leaders to our Board; each of whom brings unique talents and experiences that will help fuel the Foundation’s mission to foster bold philanthropy that makes life better for Broward residents,” said James Donnelly, who continues as Chairman of the 22-member Board.
In addition to James staying on as chairman, the other officers for the 2021 Board include:
- Juliet Murphy Roulhac, Vice Chair
- Thomas R. Oliveri, Secretary
- Kurt D. Zimmerman, Treasurer
- Peggy Hogan Marker, At-large
- Alice Lucia Jackson, At-large
Board members continuing to serve in 2021 include: J. David Armstrong Jr., Doria M. Camaraza, James B. Davis, Edward T. Hashek, Marcell Haywood, David W. Horvitz, Susanne Cornfeld Hurowitz, Paige Hyatt, Anne K. Joyner, Dara Levan, and Dev Motwani.
Three long-serving members will be leaving the Board at the end of 2020. These bold local leaders, who helped propel the Community Foundation to new heights during their tenures, include:
- Cynthia Borders-Byrd, Board Treasurer
- Louise F. Dill, two-time Board Member (between ’00-’03 and ’14-present)
- Steven W. Hudson, a former Chairman
The Community Foundation is thankful to its Board members, past and present, whose “professional and volunteer experience enrich our organization with creativity and innovation,” President/CEO Jennifer O’Flannery Anderson, Ph.D., said.
“They continue a strong tradition of stewarding the Community Foundation’s resources, collaboration and leadership,” she said.
We will have much more to share in the weeks ahead about both the enduring impact of our outgoing Board members as well as the new members joining the Board. Stay tuned!
To contact the Community Foundation of Broward, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 954-761-9503.