Private Foundation Alternatives
Running a private foundation comes with administrative hassles, endless solicitations and other obligations that can temper the joy of philanthropy. Partnering with the Community Foundation of Broward offers a simpler way to accomplish your charitable goals.
Whether you are just getting started with philanthropy or already have a private foundation, the Community Foundation can maximize your charitable impact – while you get to focus on the joy of philanthropy.
Just getting started or planning to increase your philanthropy?
By creating a charitable fund at the Community Foundation, you get all the benefits of a private foundation plus so much more.
- Receive expert guidance about top community issues and innovative opportunities for your support to make a lasting difference.
- We handle startup costs, tax filings, recordkeeping and investments for you. You save time and gain greater tax advantages.
- Leverage your giving with others to create even more impact.
- Ensure enduring support in your name, or anonymously, for the charitable purposes you care about the most.
Already have a Private Foundation?
By converting your private foundation to a charitable fund or creating a companion fund at the Community Foundation, we can help you amplify your impact.
- Gain access to our outstanding grantmaking services. We identify hidden gem organizations best suited for your support.
- Keep your foundation’s identity and ability to recommend grants. Let us handle time-consuming administrative duties.
- Broaden your community impact by leveraging your support with like-minded philanthropists at the Community Foundation.
- Create a succession plan to preserve your foundation’s philanthropic intent and ensure a legacy of BOLD impact.